Last updated [September 29th, 2021]
We respect the privacy of our users and every person who visits our Mobile Application Haudos and our website. Here at HAUDOS, we are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Haudos is an inspiration travel app which offers you the possibility to find your next potential holiday destination based on the number of kilometers you are doing on a daily basis.
We are located in the United Kingdom.
Users agree that by using our site and our mobile application, they consent to:
- the collection, use and retention of the data listed in this policy.
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals;
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes;
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step will be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay;
- kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed;
- processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction, or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ?
The personal information you disclose to us.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering on our app, expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities on the Mobile Application, or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Mobile Application and website, the choices you make, and the services and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
Name and Contact Data. We collect your username, email address, and any other similar information such as your phone number and address.
Credentials. We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
Information automatically collected
We automatically collect certain information when you register, use or navigate the Mobile Application. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your username or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, and device characteristics, language preferences, referring URLs, country, location, information about how and when you use our Mobile Application and other technical information.
NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIPTION AND HOW TO OPT-OUT.
We operate an email newsletter program, used to inform subscribers about new features, contest, partnerships, supplied by us. Subscription to our newsletter is opt-in. Users can opt-out of receiving our newsletter at any time by following the unsubscribe link contained in the footer of any newsletter.
Email marketing campaigns published by us may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include but shall not be limited to: the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates, and frequency of activity. This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the User with more relevant content based around their activity.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION ?
Personal data collected on our site will only be used for the purposes specified in this policy or as indicated on the relevant pages of our site. We will not use your data beyond what we disclose. We use your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests (“Business Purposes”), and/or for compliance with our legal obligations (“Legal Reasons”). We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To send administrative information to you related to your account, our business purposes, and/or for legal reasons. We may use your personal information to send you a product, service, and new feature information, and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Request Feedback for our Business Purposes and/or with your Consent. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Mobile Application.
- To protect our Mobile Application for Business Purposes and/or Legal Reasons. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Mobile Application safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enforce our terms, conditions, and policies for our business purposes and as legally required.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm as legally required. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis and insights, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and evaluating and improve our Mobile Application, services, marketing, and experience.
3. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE ?
We only share and disclose your information in the following situations:
- Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal processes, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests and Legal Rights. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
- With your Consent. We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
4. COOKIES POLICIES
See more details on Cookies and similar technologies by visiting ICO : https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/cookies-and-similar-technologies#apps
A cookie is a small text file that a Mobile Application or Website save on your mobile device or browser when you use the Mobile Application or internet. In general, cookies have two main purposes: to improve your browsing experience by remembering your actions and preferences and to help us analyze our Mobile Application and website traffic.
What to do with Cookies ?
Types & Category of Cookies used
List category of cookies used Haudos. For example:
- Performance, Analytics, Research & Advertising
Cookies help us to learn how well our mobile application and website perform in different locations. We also use these to understand, improve, and research products, features, and services, including when you access the app HAUDOS or our website from other applications or devices such as your work computer or your mobile device. We also use third-party cookies to improve and personalize our marketing messages/communications with you.
You are always free to delete cookies that are already on your Mobile device through your App settings. However, this may prevent you from using certain features on the Mobile Application.
Most Web browsers are also set to accept cookies by default. When using our website if you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect and may reduce the quality of your user experience.
5. IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY ?
We will not transfer your personal information to an overseas recipient.
6. WHAT IS OUR STANCE ON THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES ?
7. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION ?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
8. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE ?
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, the transmission of personal information to and from our Mobile Application is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
9. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS ?
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Mobile Application, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Mobile Application. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS ?
Under the Data Protection Act 2018, you have the right to find out what information the government and other organisations store about you. These include the right to:
- be informed about how your data is being used and access personal data
- have incorrect data updated
- have data erased
- stop or restrict the processing of your data
- data portability (allowing you to get and reuse your data for different services)
- object to how your data is processed in certain circumstances
You also have rights when an organisation is using your personal data for:
- automated decision-making processes (without human involvement)
profiling, for example to predict your behaviour or interests.
You may at any time review or change the information in your account or terminate your account by:
- Deleting yout account from the settings menu in the app.
11. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY ?